Monday, November 25, 2019

Chris McDonald party to a Crime/Ignorant of the crime/Not from here

Chris McDonald 254223;
WRC, PO Box 220, Winnebago, WI 54985
BD 1967, 52
Party to a crime/ignorant of the crime,


     My name is Chris McDonald. I’m 49 years old, and serving a life sentence. I’ve been incarcerated for 24 years in maximum security. I’m not from Wisconsin, and don’t know anybody in the state, except for inmates. Let me explain; in 1992, my friend asked me to drive with him from Connecticut to Wisconsin to visit some relatives of hiss. Along the way, he actually confessed that he wanted to rob his wealthy grandmother and uncle. I should’ve made him turn the car around, but stupidly decided to go along with him, out of misguided  loyalty.  As it turned out, he actually wanted to kill them, which I didn’t know, until the moment the you know what hit the fan. I did help him restrain them during the robbery, but I didn’t have anything to do with killing them. He took a knife from the kitchen and stabbed them while I want outside. One month later, he was caught selling some of the stolen jewelry and arrested. The police thought that they had solved the crime. They didn’t know that 2 people were involved. I couldn’t live with the guilt and the night mares, So I called the police and turned myself in too. I pled guilty to party to a crime of homicide and my co-defendant pled guilty to the actual homicide.  Because of Wisconsin law, I got the same sentence as him even though I didn’t kill anyone. Ironically, he died of cancer after serving only 3 years, and I’m left to do all the time. I haven’t had a visit, or made phone call, or received a letter in almost 20 years. My father and wife were the only people in my life, and he died about the same time that I received divorce papers from my wife. Believe it or not, this is the most writing that I’ve done since 1997.  I’m currently in segregation and wish to establish contact with the outside world. Getting a letter from a real person, other than another inmate would be nice.  I am a convict however I’m not a con man. I haven’t spoken to the outside world in so long. Hope to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment